I arrived in Barcelona on a rainy, cold October day. Now, I am writing yet another one of my monthly recaps. I’m a veteran at this point, ha!
At the end of my 9 month recap, I foreshadowed what was going to make month 10 one to remember. And sure enough, two island vacations later and more or less a month break from classes, I can say with certainty that it has indeed been a great one. August absolutely flew by and it now seems the month markers are coming quicker and quicker.
1. Menorca definitely lived up to its reputation. I think it’s by far the best of the Balearic Islands. With crystal clear waters, amazing little beaches, fun adventure sports and an overall mellow vibe, Menorca was truly a trip to remember.
2. I had never spent one night on a sailboat, let alone 5, but that I did in Ibiza and really enjoyed it. For the first time in years, I didn’t look at my watch because I wasn’t on a schedule. I also didn’t have any access to Internet and surprisingly, didn’t miss it one bit.
3. I can very proudly say that after some power reading this month, I have finished my first ever Spanish book. 2.5 months after starting it, I officially read and seemingly understood 670 pages! Then, I saw the movie, which was in Swedish, but with Spanish subtitles. So, even more reading!
4. I’m coming home! I will be visiting the homeland for the first time in over a year from November 20 through January 4. I still have more adventures to be had in these neck of the woods next year, but I’m looking forward to some good, quality time with friends and family. Mark your calendars!
5. Movie month. Before this month, I had probably seen maybe 3 movies in the theatre since I had been in Barcelona, but I trumped that record and I have seen 4 in August alone! First, I saw Bruno, then Up, then The Hangover and last, Los Hombres Que No Amaban a Las Mujeres. I know all these movies besides the last one were in the US theatres months ago, but better to come here late than never, except in the case of Bruno, which wasn’t funny 🙂
And with that, I best be on my way to see what #11 will bring. Ciao!