Here, ladies and gentleman, you have THB’s first ever intentional rhyme! You may think I could have come up with something better than “eight was so great,” but I think it gets the message across simply and clearly. Yes indeed, 8 months have come and gone and the count continues. Enjoy the recap!
1. Is it hot in here, or is it just me?! Man o man, Barcelona is sure hot in the summer and I have taken advantage of all the heat has to offer! I will proudly admit that I am probably the tannest I have been in a long time, thanks to all the many trips to the beach (yes, topless) and just being outside so often.
2. Wendz, one of my dearest friends from home, journeyed to Barcelona to ring in my coming of age and we sure had a great time! Scott ventured to this side of the world as well and I gave serious thought to starting a “Hoolia Tours” business in Barcelona. I think I definitely have the experience now and I’m sure I could find a way to add some extra pizazz to the tour 🙂
3. I happily moved apartments/pisos/flats and I’ve gotta say, never underestimate the power of having a window in your room. It’s the small things in life, clearly, but waking up to the sun every morning instead of a black hole has added years to my life. Not to mention having air conditioning, storage space, a terrace and more…
4. Announcement: I’m going to be the next Janis Joplin. Ok, ok, maybe not, but no harm in shooting for the stars. I am 3 weeks into my guitar career and I am enjoying it the more I learn. While the scales aren’t the most fun, playing chords that actually have some sort of nice sound is pretty cool! With my teacher Kieran and my guitar “jamming” buddy Rohan, I’m all set for now.
5. The kids classes are a thing of the past, but they ended on a high note, with the majority asking I return to teach them in September and a couple even acing their final English tests. And with the kids enjoying summer break, I have about 15 hours of teaching, just adults, in July and I’ve gotta admit, that’s not too shabby all things considered.
All in all, I can say with certainty that time is going just at the right pace. Nothing seems like it has flown by, but nothing seems all that slow either (well, except for Spaniards in general). Now month nine is lookin’ oh so fine…