It’s time, ladies and gentleman, for yet another monthly recap! What’s hard to believe is how fast these monthly recaps are happening , but what’s harder to believe is that I have been here for 9 months!
1. Earlier this month, I wrote about some of my firsts. Well, during the 9th month in particular, I had a lot of firsts and I think I should add them to that general list I started. I went to my first BBQ in Spain, I went boogey boarding on the Mediterranean for the first time, I tried eggplant and zucchini for the first time and liked both of them, I ate baby fish for the first time and then later realized they had eyes and was disgusted, etc. Experiencing new things helps continue to keep the experience new and exciting, so I hope the firsts, big or small, continue!
2. I finally finished the Friends series, tear tear. From December until July, I literally enjoyed every single episode and also enjoyed the routine of watching the show. With no English TV and with no English TV on the computer, I guess I’ll have to find other ways to entertain myself!
3. I self-taught myself a few guitar songs, though they don’t sound all that good. I focused on “American Pie” and “Take Me Home Country Road” and will soon be performing in an area near you! HA, yeah right, but after my guitar teacher took my money and ran, I had no other choice than to go for it solo. And that I did and that I am doing.
4. Though I’m still Chef Hoolia in training, this month, I did make a killer guacamole and a mean fruit salad. I put in the Hoolia twist here and there and in the end, I think both turned out A-ok!
5. I am officially a beach bum. Be it in Costa Brava or closer to Barcelona, like Garraf, Gava or Llavaneres, the beach and I have become one. I have gone almost every weekend and in fact, I think I have reached my peak of tan-ness (is that a word?!). It’s not that I’m so dark, but it’s clear I’m not getting any darker.
6. I am on page 175 of my book! I have been making notes in the margins throughout and that helps me keep track better. So far, so good, but about 500 more pages to go!
It seems the year marker is right around the corner, but I’m trying more and more to live in the moment and enjoy the day rather than focus on the future. But with that said, I can almost guarantee that the month 10 recap will be a pretty good one! Call it a hunch…